This week  and last week we have been working on writing our own stories about Rang Tan. We have looked at the point in the story  when the flashback occurs. I am so impressed with some of the fantastic language choices the children have made…look at some of our super ideas…

“In a blink of an eye, my mother was gone. Suddenly, I thought to myself, I would never be the same” Emma

“The rain slashed through the sound of my echo” Matthew

“In a miserable rainy night, the sky was full of smoke.” Harrison

“A ferocious dark night , the whistling wind making a terrifying tornado. A metallic monster demolishing everything in its path.” Rufus

“I felt ever so upset, I felt devastated from my home, vanished away, men and women had to get palm oil for people to survive but it is sad for me.” Daisy

“I’m terrified of the chomping dragon of terror. The rain was pouring against me.” Cody

“There was a blue and green monster truck carrying all my lovely home.” Lucas

“A massive, yellow monster chopping trees down and that’s when I saw  a very large tree falling towards my home” Alfie H

“I was so upset that I sobbed my heart out.” Chloe

“There was a dashing sound of thunder, striking the ground” Charlie

“I saw the deforestation done by the scary, terrifying monster that nearly crushed me” Emily

“Suddenly it started to rain with lightening, I was scared because I had no family” Belle

“When the first tree wobbled that’s when I saw it.” Alasdair

“I felt unhappy and I was petrified and I was very, very scared” Oliver

“I was petrified when I saw a metallic monster, I ran for my life.” Edward

“The black splodgy monster chomping my habitat” Bertie

“I heard the rumble of the beast continued” Zak

Rang Tan

3 thoughts on “Rang Tan

• I liked everyone`s ideas thank you Mrs Altoft for showing us Rang-Tan i hope we can do more everyone has super ideas hope we can do more on Rang-Tan.

• I feel sad about rang tan because of his home getting destroyed. I want to stop the 25 rang tans dieing each day. I am going to get my mummy to stop buying things with palm oil in.

• Your work on Rang-Tan is fantastic! Well done class 3 you can be very proud of your efforts, there are definitely some budding authors here.